RESTING YOUR NERVOUS SYSTEM: OPENING YOUR HEART, LISTENING TO YOUR BODY, AND REMEMBER THE SACRED
I’m writing to let you know that my online course - Resting Your Nervous System: Opening Your Heart, Listening to Your Body, and Remembering the Sacred - is now open for enrollment for a limited time. You can learn all about the course in the link below:
>>Learn about the Resting Your Nervous System online course here
Resting Your Nervous System includes over 18 hours of pre-recorded video teachings, exercises, meditations, and video-based responses to frequently asked questions, which you can engage at a pace that is right for you. Each of the 12 curriculum sessions lasts for around 90 minutes and is made available in video, audio, and written form.
Additionally, the course will include three new live sessions, which will take place on October 6, October 27, and December 8, at 10am PT/ 6pm in London. The live sessions will last for around 90 minutes, during which we’ll rest and meditate together, and you’ll be able to ask any questions about course content or your own path of transformation and healing.
In the busyness of our inner and outer worlds, It can be so easy (and understandable) to forget the rare opportunity we’ve been given, take for granted this precious human body and our capacity to feel, to know a felt sense of connection with others and with nature, and how limited our time is here in this place.
It is my hope that the course deepens your connection with yourself and with your life, touches and reminds you of what is most important to you, opens new pathways of vision and perception, and evokes an embodied, felt sense of compassion for yourself, others, and our world.
We could really use that right now: embodied, sensitive, open, warm, empathic, kind human beings who can listen deeply to one another and inside themselves, and to bring these realizations and experiences into the neural circuitry of the world.
Starting on Monday, September 19, you will receive access to the first session’s video teaching. Each week, a new video (and accompanying audio and written transcripts) will be sent which you’ll be able to work through at a pace that is right for you. As a reminder, our three live sessions will take place on October 6, October 27, and December 8, at 10am US Pacific time (6pm in London).
Again, if you’re not able to make it live to the three interactive sessions (don’t worry, many aren’t) you’ll receive a video replay, audio MP3s, and downloadable written transcripts that you can engage at a time that is convenient for you.
In addition to the video curriculum and live sessions, you will receive additional pre-recorded teachings and guided practices, designed to help you bring the material alive in your own personal experience. You can engage these exercises on your own, in the privacy and comfort of your own home, at a time and pace that works for you.
Some of the topics we’ll cover in the course include:
- The importance of resting the nervous system, especially in uncertain and transitional times, and how doing so supports both emotional healing and spiritual transformation
- How any integral approach to our spiritual lives must include awareness of and sensitivity to trauma and relational wounding
- How a felt sense of safety is the foundation for psychological growth, emotional healing, and spiritual transformation
- The essential role of the body in healing, especially in times of overwhelm and stress
- A not-too-technical, experiential understanding of the nervous system and its role in healing and spiritual transformation
- The relationship between trauma and feeling unsafe, and how “safety” is the ultimate medicine for attachment, narcissistic, and other relational wounding
- How and why we cannot “think” our way out of trauma and other types of attachment and other wounding which occurs relationally
- The meaning of “integration” and how trauma is a dis-integrating or “de-linking” experience
- The need for experiential process in healing the emotional brain
- Neuroplasticity, new experience, and the encoding of new neural circuitry
- The unconscious investment we may have in not healing and honoring the realities of what true healing will always ask of us
- Establishing a list of specific, individualized practices you can engage in the moment when you notice yourself falling out of your “window of tolerance”
- The role of contemplative practices such as mindfulness, breathing, and yoga - and discerning when they are being used in healthy vs. dissociative, less-than-healthy ways
It is my intention that our work together provide a real holding field in which you can go deeper into your own experience, open your heart, and come to know the sacredness of this world in a deeper and more meaningful way.
If you have any questions about the course, please write to firstname.lastname@example.org we’ll respond as soon as we’re able.
I look forward to connecting with and making this journey with you over the next few months.
P.S. Please note that this course was originally offered live, online in the spring of 2021, as well as through a pre-recorded version via my website. If you have already taken the course, please stay tuned for details on how you can register for the three new live sessions at a discounted price. If you have any questions about this, please write to our team at email@example.com.