Saturday, August 11, 2018

Not this time


No matter how things are going for you in your life at this time, you can start right where you are. For very short periods of time, surround and contain the achy life as it surges for integration.

For just one second, enter into the fire and infuse it with presence, compassion, and holding. Renew your vow: I will not turn from myself and my vulnerability. No, not this time. I will not abandon myself.

Two seconds. Then rest. Then three. More rest. In just a few seconds a new pattern is born, a new groove is laid down.

Ask the earth to hold you, to share her soothing water, shade, and safe haven, and stay near as you open.

Find a friend, therapist, lover, deer, ocean, moon, star, or holy owl to bear witness as you turn into the raw alive somatic world.

The seen and unseen ones are always here to help us, to reveal the way home. To illuminate the pathways of darkness and of light, each containing a particle of the mystery, a strand of love as it comes alive here.







My latest book – The Path Is Everywhere: Uncovering the Jewels Hidden Within You – is now available 

The next book, The Unfolding Heart, will be published by Sounds True in early 2020, details to come


My next event: 

The Great Befriending: A Five-Day Journey of Self-Love, Deep Rest, and Coming Alive (with Jeff Foster), September 21-26 in Loveland, Colorado