Wednesday, July 11, 2018

The breaking of the heart


In those moments when our heart breaks in response to the world, the temptation can be overwhelming to put it back together again. But if we will ask the heart if it wishes to be mended, it will take us into the mystery.

“In trying to ‘heal’ me you remain too far away,” the heart pleads with us. “I want you all the way inside, to bear witness to the broken shards of my being, to stay close as I ache, to hold me. Please don’t turn. Not this time.”

Behind the scenes, love is at work, the beloved spinning out worlds of experience, longing to know itself through form, finding illumined passage through the cells of these hearts.

Each time we listen carefully to another, feel their feelings and attune to their tenderness, hug them hold them, speak kind words, offer a soothed nervous system where by way of miracle mirror neurons they down-regulate and rest… together we break more, burn more, and somehow become more whole.




My latest book – The Path Is Everywhere: Uncovering the Jewels Hidden Within You – is now available 




My next two events: 

The Great Befriending: A Five-Day Journey of Self-Love, Deep Rest, and Coming Alive (with Jeff Foster), September 21-26 in Loveland, Colorado 

Stay tuned for details regarding a five-day winter retreat January 23-28 at Sunrise Ranch in Loveland, Colorado