Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Taken inside the altar of the beloved



This morning, it’s just me and the wildflowers and the mountains and the rising sun. There are pinks and purples in the sky that I know have never shown themselves before, colors that have never even been named. An altar has been created by the beloved, she has taken me inside, washed my heart with her display, and baptized me with her purifying fires. It can be overwhelming, really, to fully let it in that one more day has been given.

All of these sensations, these feelings, these sacred emotions, even these thoughts and the cells of this nervous system – crafted out of the same light-filled pieces of awareness. Every unique appearance, a display of love, an irreplaceable reflection of the sacred world: birthed out of the stars, dancing for just a few moments, and then dissolving back into the womb of creation. 

I hope I make it all the way through this sweetest of ever days, but if for some reason I do not, this would have been enough. I have been given so much more than enough. 


Photo: the majestic Flatirons, Chautauqua Park, Boulder… my friends for over 23 years

No comments:

Post a Comment