Friends, please enjoy this free audio download I put together for our brothers and sisters throughout the world who are suffering from anxiety and depression. On this endless, precious, ever-vulnerable journey of polishing the heart, we may be visited by these energies, which touch and challenge us at the deepest levels. By turning toward them, we may discover that they are worthy of our attention and holding, and may have something important to show us about the nature of love.
Millions around the world suffer from anxiety and depression, and seek relief from the many challenges associated with these difficult conditions. Over the last few decades, both scientific research and clinical reports have pointed to the power of meditation to lessen the challenging symptoms of anxiety and depression, and to aid living a more healthy, productive, and stress-free life.
With this collection of seven guided meditations, we bring together seven respected psychiatrists, psychologists, and bestselling authors who offer exercises which may offer relief from the troubling symptoms of anxiety and depression. Each of these guided exercises can be undertaken in the comfort of your own home, and require no prerequisite knowledge or training.
Download Relieve Anxiety and Depression now.
1. "Soft Belly Meditation" with James Gordon, MD. The author of Freedom from Depression speaks about the role of meditation in the treatment of depression and leads a guided practice for balancing the emotions, body, and spirit.
2. "Body Scan" with Erin Olivo, PhD, MPH. Dr. Erin Olivo, psychotherapist and author of Free Yourself from Anxiety presents a guided body-scan exercise to reduce anxiety and open us to the wisdom of the body.
3. "Guided Relaxation Visualization" with Mark Hyman, MD. The bestselling author and co-medical director at Canyon Ranch in the Berkshires Health Resort in Lenox, Massachusetts, shares a guided relaxation visualization designed to reduce anxiety, lower stress, and cultivate deep relaxation in both body and mind.
4. "Guided Mindfulness Meditation" with Daniel J. Siegel, MD. Psychiatrist Dr. Daniel J. Siegel, author of The Mindful Brain, offers a guided mindfulness meditation to help bring us into the present moment, thereby allowing us to access a natural and creative healing response to whatever distressing symptoms arise in our lives.
5. "Coming Home to Happiness" with Rick Hanson, PhD. The next guided meditation is from Dr. Rick Hanson, neuropsychologist, bestselling author, and creator of the audio program Meditations for Happiness. Here, Dr. Hanson teaches a guided meditation to help us access our "true home," finding rest and acceptance in whatever comes our way.
6. "A Pause for Presence" with Tara Brach, PhD. Clinical psychologist and bestselling author of the audio leaning series Radical Self-Acceptance Tara Brach teaches us a way to pause in our daily lives, ground ourselves, and start fresh in the midst of any difficult situation.
7. "Healing Lake Meditation" with Jon Kabat-Zinn, PhD. The founder and director of the Stress Reduction Clinic at the University of Massachusetts Medical Center and bestselling author of Mindfulness for Beginners guides us through what he calls the "healing lake meditation" to relieve anxiety and stress, helping us contact a place of deep relaxation within that is available at any time.