- Discovering and cultivating intimacy with the endarkened aspects of yourself
- Identifying and healing your core wounds
- Working effectively with anger, fear, shame, guilt, and other difficult emotions
- Understanding how your shadow influences those around you, often beyond conscious awareness
- Guided practices, meditations, and exercises for developing more authenticity and wholeness in your personal and workplace relationships, your sexuality, and your spiritual path
Wednesday, February 20, 2013
Knowing Your Shadow: Becoming Intimate with All That You Are… by Robert Augustus Masters
Friends, I want to let you know about a wonderful new audio program (over six hours in length) that we’ve just released from our friend and very gifted psychotherapist, Robert Augustus Masters. I know that many of you have enjoyed and benefited deeply through Robert’s books – Spiritual Bypassing: When Spirituality Disconnects Us from What Really Matters, and Transformation through Intimacy: The Journey Toward Awakened Monogamy.
In this new work, Robert turns toward the shadow, those aspects of ourselves that we have excluded from awareness, consciously or otherwise. I find Robert’s work to be so important for those looking to integrate psychological, emotional, somatic, interpersonal, and spiritual work as part of their inner journey. Robert has worked in the trenches for over three decades, with students, therapy clients, and in the crucible of his own intimate relationship with his wife Diane, in exploring what it means to be a mature, authentic, loving, wide open, vulnerable human being. I frequently recommend Robert’s books to friends and clients – and am looking forward to sharing this new program as well.
Our shadow side, teaches Robert, contains the emotions and desires we've disowned, neglected, or hidden from ourselves. If not skillfully worked with, it can easily direct our lives on every level. In this new program, Robert shows us how to illuminate and wisely engage with the endarkened aspects of who we are.
Some of the areas covered by Robert on Knowing Your Shadow: